Transferring Students

Transferring Your University Credits to NYUS


 NYUS warmly welcomes students who want to transfer to NYUS from another university.

To enroll at NYUS, you’ll follow the 4 Easy Steps and submit your official undergraduate transcripts from your previous college(s) to the Admissions Office for a transfer credit evaluation.

Transfer students who have completed an English Composition and College Math course at an accredited institution with a grade of C or higher may be exempt from the placement test requirement. Please discuss this with your NYUS Admissions associate.

Applicants who have completed course work at other accredited U.S. post-secondary institutions may apply for transfer credits and/or seek advanced placement. They should submit transfer credit requests, including official transcripts from previously attended colleges and accompanying documentation, before enrolling.

Students may be allowed transfer credits from colleges and universities in other countries for similar, verifiable, credit-bearing coursework.

NYUS will award academic credit evaluated on an individual basis for nationally recognized advanced placement examinations such as CLEP, DANTE, and/or Excelsior College (Regents) exams. Students may also be awarded credits for verifiable certifications obtained from nationally recognized organizations such as Microsoft, CICSO, and Sun Systems, etc.