NYUS recognizes parents as vital partners in the college search process and as “family members” once a student is enrolled. Here are few guidelines that may be useful to you as your student transitions to NYUS:
- The college selection process signifies a milestone in your student’s life; we suggest you play a great supporting role, not a leading role.
- Familiarize yourself with admission and financial aid requirements as well as academic majors offered at NYUS.
- Avoid using “we” when referring to your student’s application and enrollment process.
- Encourage a minimum of one visit (to include you) to campus. Be sure to include any special requests you may have as part of the visit. Schedule a visit now.
- Remind yourself that “fit” is the decisive factor in college choice and that it is the student who best determines fit.
- Attend the parent session of IMPACT (New Student Orientation)
- Release of Student Information Form
- Student Consent Form