ALTERNATE HOUSING OPTIONS
ROOMS IN SHARED APARTMENTS :
|MANHATTAN||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||6 weeks|
|Single Room(Uptown Manhattan - Above 125th St.)||$600||$750||$1000||$1500|
|Single Room (Downtown Manhattan - Below 125th St.)||$800||$1050||$1400||$2100|
|BROOKLYN OR QUEENS||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||6 weeks|
* Furnished rooms include: Bed, Closet and Dresser
* Full Kitchen
* Cable Television
* Air Conditioner
* Beddings: Linens, blankets, pillow, towels
* No meals or cleaning services
* $100 Accommodation fee
|Room Type (Manhattan)||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||6 weeks|
|Standard Single (Above 115th Street)||$1050.00||$1300||$1550||$2325|
|Standard Single (Below 115th Street)||$1300||$1550||$1800||$2700|
|Executive Single Above 115th Street||$1400.00||$1650||$1900||$2850|
|Executive Single Below 115th Street||$1550||$1800||$2050||$3075|
|Room Type (Brooklyn)||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||6 weeks|
- * Furnished Single Room
- * Double Room (By Request)
- * Wi-Fi (By Request)
- * Self Serve Light Breakfast
- * Private Bathroom (Fee)
- * Boarding Plan (Fee)
THE AMSTERDAM RESIDENCE HALL:
The Amsterdam Residence Hall is located on Manhattan's exclusive Upper West Side, considered one of Manhattan's safest neighborhoods. The Upper West Side is an upscale, primarily residential, area of Manhattan. Many cultural institutions are within close proximity to the Amsterdam Residence such as the world renowned Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, the New York State Theater, the New York City Ballet, the New York City Opera, and the Metropolitan Opera House, among others.
- * 24 Hour Security
- * Single or Double Rooms
- * Common Areas: Lounge, computers, dining
- * Furnished Room: Bed, dresser, desk, sink and vanity
- * Refrigerator
- * Air conditioning
- * Computer room and Wi-Fi Internet
- * Beddings: Linens, blankets, pillow, towels
- * Cooking area: Microwaves, stoves, cooking utensils
- * Laundry facility
- * Individual bathrooms & showers on every floor
|Type of Accommodation||Price per person, per week|
MORNING SIDE INN
The Morningside Inn is a newly renovated hotel in the heart of New York City's vibrant Upper Westside. It is housed in a 6-story, elevator pre-war building with the old world charm of that era. All rooms are brand new and have been decorated in a style of comfortable elegance. It is conveniently located near all public transportation along Broadway and just a short ride to the theatre district, Times Square and New York's many other attractions.
It is just a short walk from Morningside Inn to Columbia University and many other institutions of higher learning. The neighborhood has an unmistakable academic/student flavor with many specialty boutiques, informal cafes, coffee houses and restaurants.
Rooms starting at $900
- * Front desk reception / security
- * Internet terminal in lobby
- * Free Wi-Fi
- * Elevator
- * Lounge area
- * Coin operated laundry machines
- * Newly decorated and carpeted rooms
- * Phones with data port/pc connection
- * Refrigerator
Deluxe rooms include:
- * Color TV with cable / HBO
- * AM/FM clock radio
- * Air conditioning
- * Private bathrooms
- * Daily maid service
Residences for Women Only :
SACRED HEART RESIDENCE
Located in New York City, the Residence provides temporary lodging to women 18 to 30 years old. Stays of more than one month must be renewed at the end of each month.
$50.00 Registration Fee
Cost for Single Room: $350.00 per week
In the best neighborhood of Manhattan, Greenwich Village, you will find the Markle Evangeline Residence. Our residents are women between the ages of 18-50 who come to New York for professional work, education or trainee programs. The residence is near every subway line and some cross-town buses. You will be able to easily and quickly find your way around the city.
- * 24 hours front desk staff
- * Exercise room
- * TV Lounge
- * Roof Deck
- * Two Meals a Day included
- * Cafeteria
- * Free Wi-Fi Internet
- * Laundry Room
|Room Fees per Person||Monthly Fee||Monthly Fee*|
|Single Room Small||1,500||1,470|
|Single Room Large||1,550||1,520|
|Double Room Small||1,345||1,315|
|Double Room Large||1,440||1,410|
|Floors 13, 14 and 15|
|Single Room Small||1,520||1,490|
|Single Room Large||1,570||1,540|
|Double Room Small||1,365||1,335|
|Double Room Large||1,460||1,430|
|Single Room Small||1,530||1,500|
|Single Room Large||1,580||1,550|
|Double Room Small||1,375||1,345|
|Double Room Large||1,470||1,440|
SAINT MARY'S RESIDENCE
Saint Mary's Residence provides a temporary home for young professional women and students. Conveniently located in the heart of residential East Side Manhattan, St. Mary's Residence can be easily reached by bus, subway or taxi, from railroad stations, airline terminals and other points. Fine shopping facilities, educational and recreational centers are nearby. Central Park and The Metropolitan Museum of Art are within walking distance.
- * 24-hour security
- * Phones in the rooms for incoming calls (Voicemail service is available)
- * Furnished rooms with a bed, desk, chair, closet and sink
- * Free Wi-Fi Internet access
- * Lounge on each floor with cable T.V. and Kitchenette (stove, microwave, toaster and refrigerator)
- * Laundry room
- * Shower room and Ladies room
- * Maid service once a week
- * Air Conditioning
Three months minimum stay
Costs: Single rooms $215 to 245 a week.
THE BRANDON :
The Brandon Residence for Women offers affordable housing in one of New York City's best neighborhoods.We are a wonderful alternative to long term apartments for women who need a temporary place to stay, are just visiting, or are attending school. Our residents are students, artists, teachers and businesswomen. Residents enjoy a safe and comfortable environment with private rooms and a host of amenities.
Single rooms $1,213 monthly
- * Private, furnished rooms with two bathrooms per floor.
- * Breakfast and dinner served seven days a week included
- * Maid and bed linen service
- * Cooking, refrigeration, laundry, and ironing facilities.
- * Reading room includes a lending library and TV.
- * Voicemail and individual mailboxes.
- * 24-hour attendants at front desk and elevator.
- * Rehearsal space and two pianos.
- * Lovely communal space for receiving guests.
- * Organized social events including concerts, movie nights and parties.
Centro Maria provides care and a home to women from different countries that come to work or to study in New York. The center also provides assistance in job placement for the young women.
$100.00 Registration Fee
Two meals a day from Monday-Friday
|Type of Room||Fee per Room, per week|
- * Free unlimited Wi-Fi (in tourist lounge)
- * Clean linens & towels provided
- * No curfew or lockout
- * Each room is private with own lock and key
- * Each room has air conditioning& refrigerator
- * 24 Hour security
- * Elevator building
- * Free Tourist Information and Maps
- 65,000-square-foot fitness center with Cardiovascular, weight training and more than 100 group fitness classes 2 swimming pools, steam rooms and saunas, basketball, racquetball, handball & squash courts.
VANDERBILT & WEST SIDE YMCA
|Standard Rooms||Premium Rooms (West Side Only)|
|Marathon (Nov. 1-5, 2019)|
|Holiday Rate (Dec 24-26 Dec. 30 & 31)|
- Please note Premium Rooms are only available at the West Side YMCA.
- All reservations carry an additional 5% non-refundable reservation fee per booking.
- YMCA is a tax-exempt, non-profit organization. There is no occupancy tax added to the room cost.