NYUS’s Master of Science in Management (MSMan) program is a 33 semester credit program that prepares students to compete in the current leadership and management environment. It is designed for students who want to develop the leadership skills to manage and lead employees in organizations and for professionals who want to assume greater management responsibilities within their organizations. The program emphasizes leadership skills, strategic planning and implementation, the human resources aspect of management, managerial communication and how to develop other leaders within the organization.
NYUS’s Master of Science in Management (MSMan) program enables students to contribute to the management profession and fosters independent learning. Upon completion of this program, students are able to:
- Create and manage strategic plans, projects, and organizational requirements
- Evaluate and use proficiency in managing and enhancing people skills in organizations
- Analyze the alignment of organizational resources to lead effectively
- Evaluate situations and problems to engage in effective decision making to implement solutions
- Analyze and show management skills by leading, evaluating, and promoting personnel in a global environment
- Support professionalism as a manager within the organization with good communication and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills in writing through organizing, thinking critically, and communicating ideas and information in documents and presentations
Students take 11 major courses for 33 graduate credit hours.
Note: Courses in the MSMan program are each eight-weeks in length, and students are normally scheduled for two courses concurrently.
Master of Science in Management Major Courses ( 33.0 credit hours )
- Business Information Systems
- Organizational Behavior (co-requisite course)
- Project Management
- Managerial Communications
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Leadership Development
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Change
- Global Human Resources Management
- Global Law and Employee Relations
- Program Capstone Class
MBA/Management Department Chair – Armando Salas Amaro, DBA
Dr. Salas-Amaro is the Program Chair for the Master of Business Administration and the Master of Science in Management at NYSU. Prior to joining Keiser University, Dr. Salas-Amaro was an Education Policy Analyst for the Florida Department of Education. He is also a contributing author in several volumes of The Refractive Thinker: An Anthology of Higher Learning. His contributions include The Historical Development and Transformational Process of Student Financial Aid and Becoming an Agent of Transformation. Dr. Salas-Amaro has also been the guest speaker in National Webcasts by CollegeWeek Live and has also participated in “Este es El Momento” with Univision. He has been featured in Amazon Author Central, and The Lentz Leadership Institute. You may view Dr. Salas-Amaro’s publications.
Dr. Salas-Amaro has also published and presented for the International Academy of Business and Economics and The International Conference for the Advances in Management. The International Academy of Business and Economics published his studies on Online Learning and Leadership in the European Journal of Business Research, International Journal of Business Research, and the Journal of International Management Studies.
|Choudhry||Ali||MBA Faculty||Research Methods|
|Eggertsson||Matthias||MBA/MSM Faculty||International Business|
|Eghosa||Ugboma||MBA Faculty||Information Systems|
|Frankenhauser, Jr.||Paul||MBA/MSM Faculty||Management/Leadership|
|Jordan||Tiffany||MBA Faculty||International Business|
|Kuhn||John||MBA Faculty||Accounting/Information Systems|
|Luo-Beitler||Yan||MBA/MSM Faculty||Research Methods/Management|
|Miller, Jr.||Lewis||MBA Faculty||MBA Faculty|
|Owusu||Theophilus||MBA Faculty||Information Systems|
|Walters||Sheryl||MBA Faculty||International Business|