The Joint Master of Science in Education and Master of Business Administration ( MSEd-MBA ) degree program is designed for career college professionals who aspire to leadership positions in postsecondary education. The joint degree program fosters independent learning and enables students to contribute intellectually to the field of career college administration. The curriculum focuses on the essential knowledge and capabilities necessary to work as a career college leader by providing a foundation in technology, curriculum, personnel, enrollment management, higher education marketing and recruitment, campus operations, accounting, economics, finance, and project management. Graduates are able to demonstrate a conceptual understanding of advanced educational theory and practice and to critically analyze and solve problems based on applied research methods.
NYUSs MSE-MBA program enables students to lead education-related organizations and businesses. Upon completion of this program, students are able to:
- Demonstrate theory-based and practical leadership in higher education and related fields.
- Direct educational operations including marketing, campus operations, personnel recruitment and development, and enrollment management.
- Exhibit competency in professional practices including ethics, diversity, legal issues, and communication with all education and business stakeholders.
- Incorporate critical thinking, scholarly writing, research, and technology in practice.
- Design and assess curriculum, instruction, and programs related to student success.
- Apply selected methods of quantitative analysis to enhance business decisions.
- Evaluate an organization’s financial position through financial statement analysis and/or forecasting.
- Compare economic environments and markets and their impact on education-related business.
- Through a conceptual understanding, apply managerial leadership skills, marketing strategies, and/or international business concepts, theory, and research to critically analyze and solve problems in unpredictable environments.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills in writing through organizing, thinking critically, and communicating ideas and information in documents and presentations.
Prerequisites for Major Courses
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
The Joint Master of Science in Education-Master of Business Administration is designed to meet the needs of students with accredited baccalaureate degrees. Students may be classroom practitioners, education administrators, teachers seeking positions within administration, or career college professionals.
Note: Courses in the Joint MSEd MBA program are each eight-weeks in length, and students are scheduled for one or two courses concurrently.
To receive a Joint Master of Science in Education – Master of Business Administration degree, students must earn 60 graduate semester credit hours. In the final semester of their program, students complete a capstone business strategies project. Fifty-four of the program hours must be completed through Keiser University. Program requirements are as follows:
Master of Science in Education Major Core Courses ( 30.0 credit hours )
- Affirming Diversity
- Integrative Instructional Technology
- Education Governance, Motivation and Ethical Decision Making ( co-requisite course )
- Advanced Curriculum and Instructional Design
- Advanced Educational Assessment and Evaluation
- Enrollment Management Theory and Practice
- Managing Career Colleges for Successful Outcomes
- Higher Education Marketing and Recruitment
- Managing Campus Operations
- Personnel Selection and Development
- Student Retention and Management
Masters of Business Administration Major Core Courses ( 30.0 credit hours )
- Survey of Accounting
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Business Research Methods
- International Business
- Organizational Behavior ( co-requisite for business courses )
- Project Management
- Managerial Economics
- Organizational Change
- Capstone: Business Strategies
- Dr. Sue Adragna, Chair–Educational Leadership, Adult Education, Curriculum Instruction
- Dr. Kelly Gatewood, Chair–Instructional Design and Technology
- Dr. Andrea Thompson
- Dr. Jessica Fuda-Daddio
- Dr. Michelle Bridgewater
- Dr. Terri Bubb
- Dr. Cynthia Glenn
- Dr. Larry Pace
- Dr. Theresa Rouse
- Dr. Kelly Schwirzke
- Dr. Stephanie VanDeVenter
- Dr. Ashlee Wood
- Dr. Jackie Booth, Chair of the Master of Science in Education
- Dr. Richard Dietzel
- Dr. Jim Hutton
- Dr. Brian Keintz
- Dr. Andrew Kirschner
- Dr. Salla Lozada
- Dr. Manuel Rosa
- Dr. Steve Roth
- Dr. Dianna Martin